Manual Handling - Patient Handling
A course consisting of both the theory behind safe handling techniques & practical demonstrations using a selection of handling aids.
'Alternative safer methods, not including the lifting of patients'.
The course is in accordance with the latest Backcare guidance and run by tutors with at least 5 years / 1000 hrs Health & safety training.
Course syllabus includes:
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Introduction to Ergonomics and Movement
- Anatomy of Musculoskeletal System
- Safe & Unsafe Handling Techniques
- Handling Aids Demos & Practicals
Duration of Course: Approx. Six hours
Number of Delegates: Min 4 - Max 10 persons
Cost of course: For details please contact us
Location: Course to be held at the Client’s Site or Workplace in a training room away from normal working areas, consisting of a teaching & demonstration area
Did you know?
- 250 people lose their lives at work each year in Britain, and there are 15,600 serious injuries
- 2-3 million employees suffer ill-health caused or made worse by work